EYELID SURGERY MIAMI
Cosmetic eyelid surgery, called blepharoplasty, is a surgical procedure to improve the appearance of the upper eyelids, lower eyelids, or both, and give a rejuvenated appearance to the surrounding area of the eyes, making you look more rested and alert. Specifically, blepharoplasty surgery can treat the following conditions: Loose or sagging skin creating folds or disturbing natural contour of the upper eyelid, sometimes impairing vision, excess fatty deposits that appear as puffiness in the upper eyelids, bags under the eyes, droopiness of the lower eyelids and excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid. Dr. Tachmes performs various blepharoplasty techniques tailored to the individual needs of the patient, in combination with laser skin resurfacing, botox, eyelid volume replacement and other facial plastic surgery procedures.
Blepharoplasty is an outpatient surgical procedure. A fine incision is placed in the crease of the upper eyelid to allow removal or repositioning of fat deposits, tightening of muscles and tissue and/or removal of excess skin creating a firmer upper eyelid contour. For the lower eyelids an incision can be hidden inside the lower eyelid. Through this incision, fat is redistributed or removed and sagging muscles are tightened. Another option is making an incision just below the lash line for removal of excess skin from the lower lid. This procedure takes approximately 1-2 hours, but may vary depending on the patient.
What to expect during recovery:
- Mild bruising and swelling around the eyelids are normal after surgery and may last a few days
- Minor discomfort and dry eyes might occur, both can be controlled with medication
- No contacts for 2 weeks
- Return to light activity within a few days
- Resume full activities 3-4 weeks after surgery
- Sutures removed 3-5 days after surgery
- The eyelid scar in the natural contour of the upper eyelids will fade and be almost invisible